This international one-stage architecture competition invites all architecture students, young architects and young professionals with a degree in architecture studies (≤ 40 years old) to develop and submit compelling ideas for the design of a contemporary Visitor Center located near the megalithic monument Cromeleque dos Almendres (stone circle) in the town of Guadalupe, in the region of Évora, Portugal.
The megalithic monument Cromeleque dos Almendres is a significant landmark on a prominent landscape, a place of great cultural heritage and historical significance with characteristics that must be fully preserved.
When generating a vision for an intervention located within such a spectacular place, it is essential that each proposal emphasizes, respects and celebrates the site, while providing visitors with a unique experience.
The jury members will award three prizes and seven honorable mentions.
- 1st Prize - 2000 € (Two thousand euros)
- 2nd Prize - 1000 € (One thousand euros)
- 3rd Prize - 500 € (Five hundred euros)
- Competition opening - October 07, 2015
- FAQ questions deadline - December 01, 2015
- FAQ answers posted - December 07, 2015
- Early Registration period - October 07 - December 18, 2015
- Regular Registration period - December 19 - January 22, 2016
- Registration Deadline - January 22, 2016
- Submission Deadline - January 30, 2016
- Jury Evaluation February 05 - February 19, 2016
- Announcement of Competition Results - February 26, 2016